E-commerce has been growing steadily in recent years, also boosted by the pandemic. Many brick-and-mortar stores migrated to online stores when they were unable to open their doors. And once the confinement had passed, some closed and others maintained both spaces.
Shopify’s statistics give us an insight into its impact:
- Over 4.4 million websites globally use Shopify as of 2023.
- Around 70% of domains are enrolled under Shopify in the USA.
- In 2023, Shopify merchants will have over 700 million buyers.
But the real growth is in the personalization of the products you sell in your e-commerce. The great thing about selling products online is that you can easily provide customers with personalized items. They love to pick out something special by selecting from colors, sizes, engraving options, and printing options. The possibilities are endless! Offering customized products can be a great way to appeal to potential buyers.
Again, statistics prove the point:
- Almost 60% of online shoppers believe that retailers who offer personalized products are more likely to provide them with exactly what they want.
- Over half think that stores that personalize products are more focused on customer service and satisfaction.
- 56% of customers usually return to websites that recommend products, while nearly half are more likely to purchase from such sites.
If your goal is to increase your sales, personalizing your products may be the way to go. A Deloitte survey found that 20% of customers could be willing to pay more for a product tailored to them, while a third of respondents expressed a strong desire to possess such items.
If you’re interested in offering customized products on Shopify, but you’re uncertain of where to begin, here are a few things to bear in mind.
It’s essential to remember that any product can be personalized. When someone hears of personalized items, they may think of t-shirts and mugs. However, with current technology, it’s possible to customize virtually anything on your ecommerce store. From home decor to edible goods such as cookies and cupcakes, with personalization apps you can add customization options to any product you offer.
Nevertheless, it’s vital that you plan out the fulfillment procedure of the personalized products carefully. Always dedicate some time to planning.
When selling personalized products on your Shopify store, take a moment to create a plan. There’s no need to be overly elaborate, just consider the specific products you want to offer and how you plan on selling them.
To begin, answer the following questions:
- What type of products do you want to personalize? You don’t have to start with all your products at the same time. By analyzing which products are selling the most, you could start small, and add more over time.
- What type of customization options will you offer to your customers? The customization options are endless, from text, images, clip art, textures, and much more. Be sure to start with the options you know you will be able to fulfill. Keep in mind the importance of having a print-on-demand provider to help you fill custom orders efficiently.
- How will you display those options? Once you have chosen the products you want to customize and the personalization options you will offer, it is time to decide on the proper way to show them.
When you give your customers many choices, it can be hard for them to decide what they want. We advise that you keep the number of options down, and make them easy to understand.
Do you wonder how to showcase all the personalized options you were hoping to offer without overwhelming your customers or sacrificing the look of your store? Here’s a suggestion: try out a product personalization app.
The Shopify App Store is the place to look for personalization apps; many of these offer free trial periods, so you can shop around to find the one that fits your store. To save you time and effort, however, our first and final suggestion is Customily’s Product Personalizer.
Customily offers a comprehensive personalization platform for your products, so your customers can customize their items and see a live preview of it before purchasing.
Also, when an order is placed, you will receive a ready-to-print file to aid with fulfillment. This file can be used in-house or sent to a print-on-demand supplier for quick processing.
It integrates seamlessly with Shopify stores, empowering shoppers to make adjustments without compromising your designs or your brand. It’s optimized for all devices, so customers can personalize their items from anywhere.
Plus, it includes social media sharing capabilities to help boost engagement and sales!
A good strategy here is to pre-launch your new products and options as you work on them. Then, you won’t have to wait to finish setting up your personalization options to let your customers know how much value you’ll be bringing them.
So, if you are looking for a way to offer unique and personalized products in your Shopify store, give Customily a try. It’s risk-free, as you can try it for free for nine days. With Customily you’ll be able to customize your products however you’d like, and even use maps, cartoonizers, and free clipart collections to make amazing products 😍.
Don’t wait any longer, dive into the world of personalized products today!